Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lava Pops



Lava Pops
(to go along with our Geology Unit)


•1 cup sugar

•½ cup light corn syrup

•¼ cup water

•¾ tsp extract of your choice

•Red food coloring


Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Insert the candy thermometer and stir until sugar dissolves.  Allow to boil, without stirring, until candy reaches 295 degrees (hard-crack stage).
Once the candy reaches 295, remove it from heat.
Stir in the extract and food coloring.  
Spoon the mixture onto greased wax paper
and add a stick. 
Allow to cool completely and then remove.


2 comments:

Holly said...

These pictures are really amazing!! So artsy.

I am afraid that your blog is no good for me. I have the feeling that I am about to become desperately addicted to peanut butter malt balls from Henrys. :):)

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I'm a lost cause. I'm already addicted!