Friday, February 26, 2010

Random shots... (I think my camera has become permanent neckware)

Love this girl.  Always has a smile.  Always can make me smile.



One amazing lady.  She is our new Relief Society President and she's doing a fabulous job. 



Yum Asparagus...  for Enrichment Night we ate yummy fondue....
I need to track down that Cheese Fondue recipe... Simply heavenly.





Don't worry, this was not from our Fondue night...nor is it anything I served my family for dinner... This is a science experiment.    You HAVE to try this with the kids.  Put a raw egg in a glass with white vinegar.  Change the vinegar after a day.  Watch what happens to your egg after a few days.... I don't have an 'after' picture because unfortunately I was showing off how cool my egg was and it splattered... Note: DO NOT show off how cool your egg is.




Dangerous picture here.... I was reading on my friend Lillie's blog about Peanut Butter Malt Balls from Henry's Grocery Store.  I was wondering why she kept talking about them.... well now I know.  They are FABULOUS.  I about died.  Do not buy these... it is not a good idea.  I ate the entire bag that night.  The only reason I didn't eat the whole bag in the car is that I wanted to take a pic of them when I got home.    Luckily they come in bulk, so maybe I can go in and just buy ONE or maybe twenty...





These are Divinty made by my sweet Mother in law.  Have you ever had real homemade UTAH divinity?  Well, this was my first and it was amazing.  Kyle was visiting a terminally ill ward member that was talking about how she remembered this heavenly divinity from Utah and how you just can't buy it in stores.    He promptly called his mother, who started making it immediately and sent it out in the mail so Kyle could share it.  Wow.  Now that's the kind of person I want to be. 




OK, I think this turned into a foodie post!  Wow, I didn't even plan that.  I even titled it 'random shots!'  This last picture is what happens when my hubbie grills... I mean WOWZA.  How does he do that?  And he doesn't just grill chicken... oh no... he has to make this yummy serrano chile marinade that's not too spicy and then he even makes homemade jalapeno poppers!   Check that out!  That's a seriously delish sandwich!  Toasted wheat roll, Pepper Jack cheese, tomatoes from the garden.  I think I'm in love with this meal... I mean with my hubbie :)

4 comments:

jannalee said...

Wow, Kyle's mom is so nice to make divinity and send it to you guys so you could give some to your ward member! And the grilled chicken sandwich Kyle made looks yummy!

Portia said...

That sandwich looks so fun and I love that you thought to take a picture before diving in! Thank you for your sweet words and the close-up, I love it! I'll have to return the compliment :) if I ever do a post, hah!
Such a fun post. I gotta get how to do that egg thing, Evelyn would love it!

Amy G said...

Great pictures! You are an amazing photographer! Thanks for the vote of confidence in me as RS pres! :) As for hoping to be the kind of person to give like your mother-in-law....I think you already are that person!!!!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Yummy. Yummy and more Yummy. Your pictures look great. I'm so proud of you. I need to get on the stick with my camera. Lots of practicing but not working out. I want one of Kyle's sandwiches. My kind of food. Thanks for sharing. PS What cute ladies. I love Portia and Amy!