Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two Years Young


Emma my sweet little girl... turning two next week.   She is such a joy.  We all just watch her, staring in awe at every little thing she does.  It seems like just yesterday that I had her (7 weeks early) and would drive 30 minutes each way (sometimes twice a day)  to see her in the NICU. 





 I can't even express how hard it is to leave your newborn baby in the care of others.   To not be able to hold her.  To worry endlessly if she will be healthy, if she will live a normal life... when she will come home...  It is something I now have empathy towards. 







Emma... my little sweetheart.  I love her curly curly hair.  I love to hug her and breathe her in.  Her smiles melt my heart.  She is talking up a storm.  She repeats everything she hears.  Kyle is speaking to her in Spanish.  She loves her siblings and she knows who to go to so she can get what she wants!    She is a good natured child.  Rarely does she cry or whine for no reason.    Knowing that she is my last baby, makes me just enjoy her all the more.  I am constantly trying to get a hug... I love reading to her, playing with her. 






I guess I just know how fast it's going to go... how quickly she will be grown up. I love seeing her learn and grow. She is smart. The other day I mentioned that I needed to get Emma dressed. Next thing I know, I find her in the bedroom with her drawer open, PJ's off, and she's trying to put on her clothes. So cute. Emma I love you :) As with all my kids, when I look at them I realize how truly blessed I am to be their mother. To have them in my life is just... amazing.




3 comments:

Tera said...

2 already? I can't believe it. Time just goes way too fast.

Holly said...

I forget how tiny and helpless she was to start out. What a blessing that she is so strong and healthy. What a CUTIE!! Honestly,...she is just squish-able. Where have the last two years gone??

Happy upcoming birthday Emma!

Audry said...

Has it really been that long? I've missed reading your blogs. I'm glad I this one. Didn't realize you had it.